|New Civilization News: To My Friends On The Right|
Category: Government, Public Sector
8 comments28 Oct 2005 @ 09:38 by jstarrs : And just to go way out to the left side
I also read Blondesense with Blondesense Liz, NY; Pissed Off Patricia, FLA; Jaye Ramsey Sutter, TX; Missouri Mule, MO; Anntichrist S. Coulter, LA and Peter of Lone Tree, IA.
28 Oct 2005 @ 15:08 by Quinty @22.214.171.124 : The sanctity of the huddle
A penchant for secrecy is always a sure sign of corruption. So is paranoia and suspecting "enemies" wherever one looks. So is cronyism and rewarding friends while fiercely punishing "enemies." That they attacked Joseph Wilson through his wife is symptomatic of the kind of people they are. They are the bottom of the barrel on the right and the word "honesty" is only a useful concept for padding stirring and uplifting speeches to them. Along with the flag, patriotism, and "family values."
a theory of mine: when Stalin murdered millions he was expressing the paranoia and insecurity his former crimes had built up in him. With power it became possible for him to act out his fantasies on an enormous stage. And each crime led to larger, fiercer crimes.
It's curious, isn't it, how the right, Hannity, Coulter, et al, accuse us on an ongoing basis of what they themselves are guilty of. Lying, improvising to become comfortable with reality. Dishonesty. Inventing as needed. They do give themselves away, don't they? Too bad millions believe them.
28 Oct 2005 @ 19:12 by vaxen : So?
The tremendous damage has already been done and this whole farce is much too little much too late! And the sad show given us by the weird and wired elite in the beltway will go on and on with little, if any, change...you know it, I know it. I want blood! Happy Hollows.
29 Oct 2005 @ 09:21 by jazzolog : Slowly I Turned...Step By Step...Closer
& closer...one step at a time Vax.
Reverend Michael Jupin is Interim Priest at Good Shepherd Episcopal Church here in Athens, where we are members. I think the Sojourners' petition idea is a good one and I urge you to sign and/or pass it on.
----- Original Message -----
To: MICHAEL JUPIN
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 2:37 PM
Subject: Breaking News: Senior White House Official Indicted
In the week we mourned the death of the 2,000th U.S. soldier in Iraq, I. Lewis Libby, vice presidential chief of staff, was indicted today on five felony charges of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements to the FBI in the grand jury investigation into the leak of the name of covert CIA officer Valerie Plame, whose husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, had been critical of pre-war intelligence on Iraq. According to news reports, the investigation of White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove will continue.
This case goes well beyond petty intrigue and personal revenge. As people of faith, it is time to raise our voices and demand the truth about actions that - if proven in court - were threads of misinformation and manipulation that pushed our nation into war with Iraq and punished those who discovered credible evidence against it. With the prophet Isaiah we cry out: "No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth" (Isaiah 59:4).
The indictment of Libby raises the possibility that top White House officials deliberately attacked someone who questioned the validity of the intelligence the White House used to claim there were "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq - intelligence that has now been discredited. More importantly, this indictment provokes further questions about whether going to war was simply an honest mistake based on bad intelligence. Are the alleged actions of Libby isolated incidents of revenge, or are they the tip of the iceberg in a conspiracy to mislead the American people into war?
We demand a truly independent commission that will investigate whether the Bush administration deliberately misled our nation into going to war. Although creating an independent commission will not bring back the 2,000 American soldiers and tens of thousands of Iraqis who have died as a result of this war, it will nevertheless be a step toward restoring honesty and integrity to the nation's highest office.
President Bush's administration claimed in the run-up to the war that the primary justification for going to war was the threat of weapons of mass destruction. In March 2005, a commission appointed by President Bush reported that "the intelligence community was dead wrong in almost all of its pre-war judgments about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." The commission went on to report that these were simply intelligence failures, but found no evidence of any deliberate attempt by intelligence officials to mislead the administration about the war. In short, they concluded that these were honest - yet highly serious mistakes. We need an independent commission that differs from previous investigations in that members not only focus on errors within the intelligence community but at potential errors within the administration.
We want the truth about why we went to war with Iraq. Help us find it:
This is not a matter of partisan politics, nor of political revenge. It is a matter of uncovering the truth about why we went to war. Sojourners has worked for peace with justice for more than 30 years. We have been consistent and vocal opponents of the war in Iraq, and we take it seriously when voices of dissent become targets of intimidation for political gain. We have a long and consistent history of demanding integrity from our national leaders - from Nixon, to Reagan, to Clinton, and now the Bush administration.
As people of faith, we believe that the authority for governance balances on a commitment to truth when leading a nation into war and putting at risk our lives and those of our "enemies." We will not stand by while our nation's elected officials "trust in empty words and speak lies; conceive evil and bring forth iniquity" (Isaiah 59:4b).
We need your help to get 25,000 people to sign this petition by Wednesday. After you sign the petition, follow the instructions to forward this message to 10 or more of your friends, family, fellow churchgoers - anyone who believes in our call as people of faith to be prophetic voices of truth and peacemaking.
»Click here to sign a petition asking Congress for an independent investigation of President Bush's administration to determine if and how intelligence was knowingly manipulated leading up to the war in Iraq. http://go.sojo.net/campaign/demand_truth/wn5xne8225tmb5m?
The staff at Sojourners
 From the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, March 31, 2005. http://www.wmd.gov/report/transmittal_letter.html
29 Oct 2005 @ 12:51 by dempstress : As a limey
I don't think I would count on such a petition, but wonderfully well put.
30 Oct 2005 @ 13:46 by vaxen @126.96.36.199 : Operation Granite Shadow
Do you seriously and earnestly think that any ''petition'' will do any good at all when the essence of liberty, her people, have been thrown to the dogs for almost as long as this nation has been a nation? A nation of lies and deceits and hollywood ''makeup'' where once first class citizens are now slaves of the all mighty state whose progenitors repetitively have lied to ''the people,'' who supposedly constitute its very core, and who even from inception have been hell bent on the path of imperialism and injustice for all...
I can't even say ''good try'' for it will mean nothing at all. The fabric of government in this country is totally in error. One cursory glance at the ''Federal Reserve'' will tell you exactly who controls who. That's just the tip of the obscene iceberg called America and lord knows how many other ''legalistic'' terms this sad ''state'' of 'affairs' goes by in the putrid sewer world of Washington District of Columbia and its' gentrified facade of 'freedom.'
Check out (google or whatever) Operation Grannite Shadow to see the very fine beginning of the end that actually came when good old George chopped down that cherry tree to carve a set of false teeth from it. A fitting ''Father of lies'' to lead the liars in wait that promise only destruction unlimited and profit unseemly for a very few who aren't even citizens of this half baked land.
30 Oct 2005 @ 19:41 by jazzolog : No I Don't
except that people have come up to me who've never signed a petition before of any kind...just as people have turned out for vigils against the war who previously thought only hippies did that stuff. Somebody said this morning that in America we fashion our gallows out of legal briefs. One step at a time. It's slippery down in this putrid sewer.
18 Nov 2005 @ 10:01 by jazzolog : 15 Questions for Bob Woodward
by Arianna Huffington
1. If you didn't tell your editor, Len Downie, about the CIA leak because you were so afraid of being subpoenaed, why did you supposedly tell Walter Pincus http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB113218886047399621-ujmTbJz7qNhUtKnp1e5T1r1wXtg_20061117.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top ? Did you trust Pincus but not Downie?
2. Why were you afraid of being subpoenaed in 2003? Subpoenas of reporters didn't begin until 2004 http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/11/bob-woodwards-explanation-of-why-he.html . And how would telling Downie lead to your being subpoenaed?
3. What are your ground rules for your books? Since Plan of Attack was published, weren't you free to use the material from your source?
4. Why did you come forward to Len Downie in late October to reveal your source http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111601286.html ? This was supposedly before your source approached Fitzgerald, so what motivated you? Did the source call you or did you have sudden pangs of conscience? Why didn't this occur to you in 2003 or 2004?
5. On October 27, you were on Larry King saying you had no big scoop http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/27/lkl.01.html . Was that true or a lie?
6. Why did you criticize Fitzgerald and his investigation without revealing that you had something to hide from him http://mediamatters.org/items/200511160013 ?
7. You said you got permission in writing from all three of your sources to testify about your conversations with them http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501829_pf.html . Two of these sources, Andrew Card and Scooter Libby, have been identified. Can you release their letters? And did Libby write any poetry to you?
8. Why did you say categorically that there was no harm done by the outing of Valerie Plame http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/27/lkl.01.html ? How do you know this when the CIA has yet to issue an after-action report http://mediamatters.org/items/200511010002 ?
9. Can you at least tell us some of the atmospherics of your dealings with Fitzgerald?
10. Did the prosecutor indicate that you might be called back?
11. Are you now writing about the Plame affair, and if you are is it for one of your books or for the Post?
12. You've praised Judith Miller's decision to go to jail and offered to do time for her. Still feel that way http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001522373 ?
13. Did you remind your source of the June 2003 conversation and did that prompt him or her to go to Fitzgerald?
14. Had your source testified previously to Fitzgerald or before the grand jury?
15. Is there any chance your source was Bill Casey being channeled from the dead?
At this hour the entry has 124 comments.
Other entries in Government, Public Sector
9 Sep 2008 @ 21:25: The United States Demonic Assault On The World Cannot Stand
13 May 2008 @ 12:36: THE STATE IS NO 'BIG MAMA' BUT AN ENABLER
13 May 2008 @ 09:20: The Superclass
9 Mar 2008 @ 14:01: What Will It Take?
24 Dec 2007 @ 21:41: X-Mas In NOLA
1 Dec 2007 @ 19:13: Art of Mental Warfare
26 Oct 2007 @ 05:20: Thought Crime Law
1 Oct 2007 @ 18:49: The Adoption of the Nazi State, with silence.
16 Sep 2007 @ 09:19: AMERIKAN DEMOCRACY DEAD
14 Sep 2007 @ 06:17: SURRENDER