|31 Oct 2002 @ 22:44, by ashanti|
* God, I love this place! I have lived in many parts of the world, travelled a lot, but there is just no country like South Africa.
* What makes South Africa the only place to be on the planet right now, is not materially distinguishable. There is poverty, crime, unemployment, AIDS, etc. That's what people see and hear about. But South Africa is the only country in the world that is actively and genuinely working on transforming. That hasn't collapsed into utter depair and cynicism, and given up even trying. Or perpetuating a farce, and keeping up appearances.
* Where the people have Heart. And Love. The smiles on their faces. The friendliness. The sheer spirituality, if you are open to that. It's like a massive aura of angelic love embraces us. The energy is incredible.
* You meet people living in poverty, in shacks. But they have decorated their shacks, and made them beautiful. They welcome you with warmth and love. They have so little but they share it with you. Powerful. They are grateful for every precious day of life they are granted.
* I pray that South Africa never falls into the spoilt, self-indulgent trap of despair and cynicism. That the people of South Africa retain their Innocence, their Warmth, their Wisdom, their Love and their Beauty. For all this was born out of the suffering of the past.
* I thank God/All-that-Is for the privilege of being born here, and of having this as my country. It's not about nationality - it's a spiritual thing.